ALMANZO EVENT RULES (MALANZO • ALMANZO • ROYAL • ALEXANDER)
1. YOU ARE RESONSIBLE FOR YOU. This will be an extremely difficult event and should be respected as such. The sponsors, organizers, promoters, and staff are not responsible for you... YOU ARE. You will need to carry all water, food and equipment necessary to get you through to the next gas station, convenience store or check point. If you become stranded, that’s unfortunate, but we warned you. Be responsible and carry enough stuff to get you where you are going. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU.
2. Under no circumstances can you receive OUTSIDE support. (AGAIN, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN). If you do, with the exception of the 3 checkpoints (*Rule #3), you will be disqualified. That said, you may stock up on food and other supplies at stores and businesses along the route. Riders may help other riders by any means within the other stated rules.
3. There will be 3 neutral areas for all riders where they will be able to meet their support crew and restock their supplies and repair equipment. These will be the only locations along the route where riders may receive assistance from their support crew.
4. You will be supplied a full list of directions that will get you from the START to the Checkpoints to the FINISH There will only be a few spots along the course that are marked to ensure correct travel.
5. No Littering.
6. The route must be followed at all times. No short cuts or alternate routes are permitted. If you exit the course for any reason, you must re-enter the course at the same spot from which you left it.
7. There will only be 3 checkpoints where all participants must sign in. It is here that you can get a set of cue sheets for the remaining portion of the course if you need them. You should download the course cue sheets before the race from the website www.almanzo.bike.
8. Do not urinate in public.
9. Each rider must wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet. They must have a red rear flashing light in the event of rain. A small white light is suggested for the front of the bike as well as is an air pump or Co2 inflator, spare inner tubes and a compass.
10. If your bicycle is destroyed to the point where forward progression cannot be made, you can accept transportation, but this of course, will disqualify you. It is up to you to get yourself home should you be forced to abandon. IT WILL NOT BE OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GET YOU HOME.
11. Choice of bicycle is up to each individual rider. You must ride the entire course on the same frame/wheel set/etc.
12. You will be riding an open course. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO COURSE MARSHALS. Obey the rules of the road.
13. The event will be held rain or shine.
14. One more time. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU.
THIS IS MEANT TO BE A FUN EVENT, DESIGNED TO TEST YOUR HUMAN SPIRIT. IF YOU CHEAT, YOU ARE AN ASS AND YOU’LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE